Friday, September 23, 2011

How Could You?


 To the person who ran me over on a lonely country road:

How could you not stop to see if I was okay?
How could you be so uncaring to not even take me to a vet?

How could you leave me in a ditch to die?

Did you think about me that night when you were in your bed and I was laying alone in the ditch?

Did you stop to think about what would happen to me?

Thankfully there are kind people in the world.
Someone who cared enough to investigate the movement in the ditch.
Someone who had compassion for me and saved my life and my soul.

The vets say that I have a crushed pelvis and femur. But that with a little care I will still grow up big and strong. I have had surgery and am already feeling much better. The vets say that I have got a few weeks of recovery ahead of me- lots of crate time and cuddling on the couch  :) Despite what people have done to me I still love everyone I meet. I love to snuggle and be with people. So this recovery thing should be a breeze. :)


I am so thankful to the girls at Windy City Rescue. For saving my life and for taking a chance on a broken dog.

I am also thankful to the wonderful people at the Mortgage Center, and at Jaded Tattooing for their recent fundraising for Windy City. Without that the rescue would have been hard pressed to afford my surgeries. <3

--------------------

We believe Ally to be a Collie/Border Collie cross. The Veterinarian guessed her age to be around 9 months. Ally will be recoveing from her injuries for about 8 weeks before she will be available for adoption. As part of her recovery she will be on crate rest, and her open wound will need to be cleaned a few times a day. It is important that she is gets only limited activity at this point so she can heal properly. Ally has a gentle soul and is a complete sweetheart, she wants nothing more than to be petted. It breaks our heart to know that she likely spent at least a few days in that ditch. The infection in her foot was quite severe.

We are looking for a quiet foster home for Ally. Someone who will be willing to commit to helping Ally get better. Someone who will show Ally that people can love. The first few weeks will be a fair amount of work- keeping her foot clean, and helping her outside. After that it will be much easier, and the hardest part will be convincing her to be quiet and calm. :)

If you are interested in helping out please email for more information.


For more information on this dog, please contact the Windy City Canine Rescue at mailto:info@windycityrescue.com%20or by calling 403-359-3139.




_____________________________________________

Our adoption fee allows us to provide the basics for the dogs in our care, but we are always encountering additional expenses (dental work, medicine for illnesses, etc.).  If you would like to help dogs like this one, but aren't looking to adopt one at this time, please consider a donation.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Amazingjob guys!! I worked in Animal shelters for most of my life and that is by far the most enriching environments for both people and animals. WAY TO GO!! GOD BLESSES YOU!

    ReplyDelete